[BioC] Can't load the arabidopsis.db annotation package created in AnnotationDbi

Groot, Philip de philip.degroot at wur.nl
Mon Nov 3 17:10:20 CET 2008

Hello all,

I created an arabidopsis library based on the MBNI custom CDF version 10 (TAIR), see http://nugo-r.bioinformatics.nl/NuGO_R.html. In BioC 2.2 all works very well. However, when trying to load the package in R-2.8.0/BioC 2.3, I get the following error message:

> library(ath1attair.db)
Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) :
  RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such table: chrlengths)
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'ath1attair.db'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'ath1attair.db'

Rebuilding the library with the "makeARABIDOPSISCHIP_DB" function did not solve the problem. The library installs without error message, but fails to load.

The error message is obvious (no chrlengths table), but how can I solve this problem?

Regards,

Dr. Philip de Groot Ph.D.
Bioinformatics Researcher

Wageningen University / TIFN
Nutrigenomics Consortium
Nutrition, Metabolism & Genomics Group
Division of Human Nutrition
PO Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen
Visiting Address: "De Valk" ("Erfelijkheidsleer"), Building 304
Verbindingsweg 4, 6703 HC  Wageningen
Room: 0052a
T: 0317 485786
F: 0317 483342