[BioC] Methods for building heatmap for Illumina gene expression data

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 22 22:13:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM, ss <affysnp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'd appreciate if you could shed some lights on building heatmap for
> Illumina gene expression data using any bioconductor or R packages.

Hi, Allen.  If you have an ExpressionSet called xset, you can do:

heatmap(exprs(xset)[1:25,])

This will give you a heatmap of the first 25 genes.

There are numerous references to heatmaps in the bioconductor list
archives.  I would give a few of those a try.  If you run into
problems, then you will likely want to post the code that you are
using as well as the output of sessionInfo().

Sean