[BioC] flowClust package - how to get it installed

Kort, Eric Eric.Kort at vai.org
Thu May 22 15:22:55 CEST 2008

Anne writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the new flowClust package on a Windows
> XP, IBM PC. According to the manual I also need to install
> GSL, BLAS and a C compiler.

These instructions apply if you want to build the package from source (as you would on, for example, a Linux system).  However, a prebuilt binary exists for Windows.  After ensuring that the bioconductor repositories were selected via Packages-->select repositories menus of Rgui, the following worked for me (on Windows XP, R 2.7):

install.packages("flowClust")

And I presume this will work also:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("flowClust")

However, you WILL need the GSL libraries installed (libgsl.dll and libgslcblas.dll).  I got them from here:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/downlinks/gsl-bin-zip.php

Unzip that file and simply copy bin/libgsl.dll and bin/libgslcblas.dll to some location on your PATH.  (The simplest thing to do is just to copy these two files to c:/whereever/you/installed/R/library/flowClust/libs.)

Having done that, I was able to load the library and run the examples.

-Eric

This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}