[BioC] GEOquery package

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri May 16 23:27:24 CEST 2008

Balko, Justin M wrote:
> Hello,
> Im running R 2.5.0
Hi Justin,

   2.7.0 is  the current version of R, so updating it is the first thing
to do.  Then please tell us what version of GEOquery you tried to
install (probably it is not designed for R 2.5.0, and hence your problem).

   best wishes
     Robert

> When I load the R package GEOquery, I am getting the following error:
>
> the part of the args list of 'list' being evaluated was:
>    (header = list(), )
> Error in makeClassRepresentation(Class, properties, superClasses, prototype,  :
>         element 2 is empty
> Error : unable to load R code in package 'GEOquery'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'GEOquery'
>
> Seems to have installed fine, or maybe not.
>
> package 'GEOquery' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> updating HTML package descriptions
>
> Any insight?
> Thanks!
>

> al({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
> + if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
> the part of the args list of 'list' being evaluated was:
>    (header = list(), )
> Error in makeClassRepresentation(Class, properties, superClasses, prototype,  :
>         element 2 is empty
> Error : unable to load R code in package 'GEOquery'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'GEOquery'
>
> Justin Balko, PharmD
> Graduate Student
> Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences
> University of Kentucky
> 441 College of Pharmacy
> 725 Rose St
> Lexington, KY 40536
> 859-257-2577
>

> STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY\ The contents of this email...{{dropped:14}}

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center