[BioC] Help using ENSMUSG ids in GOstats

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Sun May 11 22:18:32 CEST 2008

Robert Gentleman wrote:

> I am guessing you have not looked at either AnnotationDbi or AnnBuilder
> as packages that you can use to build an annotation package.

I did look at AnnBuilder but the basic vignette suggested that I should
look in the advanced vignette for what I would like to do. I didn't find
the advanced vignette at that time. I shall have a look at AnnotationDbi.

>    I am also guessing you have not searched the email list archives for
> any of the several previous discussions (that is a good place to start).
I did search the email list archives. Nothing came up. Can you suggest a
good search term?

>   You don't tell us what organism, but I suspect that you could simply
> use one of the organism based annotation packages (without needing to
> build anything).  There are several previous threads on how to do that.
ENSMUSG genes are mouse genes. Is there an annotation package that will
work for me? How could I have found it without asking here? Which
threads? From a wealth of packages on the annotation packages page it is
very hard to determine which might be relevant.

Thanks,
John.