[BioC] cellHTS: help for NPI normalization

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Sun May 11 10:38:46 CEST 2008

Hi Klaus-Peter

Florian's comments are correct. The aim of NPI normalisation is to scale
your assay results such that the dynamic range of the assay be mapped to
[0,1], i.e. 0 correspond to one extreme and 1 to the other, and the
extremes are taken from the values of the positive and negative
controls. This assumes that the positive and negative controls are
chosen accordingly.

Please let us know whether you have further questions, or if you have
suggestions how to make the documentation more clear to avoid such
misunderstandings.

  Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber