[BioC] create Affymetrix .chp file for viewing in affy Integrated Genome Browser

Fri May 9 19:40:06 CEST 2008

Hi Tao,

I was curious if you took an approach in your analysis that borrowed
from the BioC `tilingArray` package, or is your take something
completely new/different?

I'm playing around with analyzing some tiling array data myself for
the first time, and was curious how you approached some issues in the
analysis, such as:

1) normalization of signal with respect to probe sequence
--> The process outlined in the tilingArray package for dealing with
this sounds great, but I don't have genomic dna to use as a control.

2) dealing with probes that hit several parts of the genome

3) did you reblast the probe sequences to get a better idea of where
they map to the latest reference genome?

Just curious,
-steve