[BioC] Input to vsn or limma of genepix file missing 635 columns

Liolios, Konstantinos [BSD] - MED kliolios at medicine.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri May 9 17:52:48 CEST 2008

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanx for your reply.  So to make sure:

1.  There is no read method in common packages (vsn, marray, affy,
limma) that can read a single dye genepix file (Cy5/635 related columns
missing)
2.  It is not recommended that I manually add those columns and fill
them with 0s or N/A.
3.  The best way to proceed is to use vsn2 on a matrix.

Related to point 2, I actually tried that and was able to use marray
read.GenePix which created an marrayRaw object.  It seemed alright but I
could not reproduce any qc images.  I also could not convert it to an
eset using convert even though there is a method that promises such a
conversion.  Same happened when I created an maNorm object also.
Finally ?vsn2 did not work on R2.7 and the latest vsn package version.
I think the default path for the cfm file is incorrect (actually non
existent).  However I did manually read the vignette/manual from the
library/vsn/html directory.

Thanx again
Dinos