[BioC] cellHTS: help for NPI normalization

Klaus-Peter Pleissner pleissner at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de
Fri May 9 10:24:26 CEST 2008

Dear all,

using cellHTS (not cellHTS2) we want to perform a "NPI-normalization"
with positive and negative control wells.

According twoway. pdf vignette we define  control wells  as :

posCtr <- list(act= "(?i)^Mock$", inh = "(?i)^NP$")
negCtr <- "(?i)^Allstars$"

and normalize by

x <- normalizePlates(x, normalizationMethod="NPI",negControls=negCtr,
posControls=posCtr,transform=log)

We get an error:

Error in NPI(x, posControls, negControls) :
  'posControls' should be a vector of regular expressions with length 1

Enter a frame number, or 0 to exit

1: normalizePlates(x, normalizationMethod = "NPI", negControls = negCtr,
posCo
2: switch(normalizationMethod, mean = scaleByPlateMean(x), median =
scaleByPla
3: NPI(x, posControls, negControls)

If we are using  a negative normalization  method ( as descibed in the
vignette)
x <-
normalizePlates(x,normalizationMethod="negatives",negControls=negCtr,
posControls=posCtr,transform=log)

this error doesn't occur.

What is wrong in the definition of positive control wells ?
Thanks is advance for help.

Klaus-Peter
--

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Dr. Klaus-Peter Pleissner
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology
Core Facility Bioinformatics
Charitéplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin
Germany