[BioC] GOstat question

nicolas servant Nicolas.Servant at curie.fr
Fri Mar 21 10:16:31 CET 2008

Sorry. I use the BioC GOStats package (2.2.6).
In connection with my last mail, I have a other question :

##universe
designALL<-names(unlist(as.list(hgu133plus2ACCNUM)))
entrezUniverse <-
na.omit(unique(unlist(mget(designALL,hgu133plus2ENTREZID))))
##myList
selectedEntrezIds <-
na.omit(unique(unlist(mget(mylist,hgu133plus2ENTREZID))))
params.BP.over<-new("GOHyperGParams",geneIds=selectedEntrezIds,universeGeneIds=entrezUniverse,annotation="hgu133plus2",ontology="BP",pvalueCutoff=0.05,conditional=TRUE,testDirection="over")
params.MF.over<-new("GOHyperGParams",geneIds=selectedEntrezIds,universeGeneIds=entrezUniverse,annotation="hgu133plus2",ontology="MF",pvalueCutoff=0.05,conditional=TRUE,testDirection="over")
params.CC.over<-new("GOHyperGParams",geneIds=selectedEntrezIds,universeGeneIds=entrezUniverse,annotation="hgu133plus2",ontology="CC",pvalueCutoff=0.05,conditional=TRUE,testDirection="over")

hgOver.BP<-hyperGTest(params.BP.over)
hgOver.MF<-hyperGTest(params.MF.over)
hgOver.CC<-hyperGTest(params.CC.over)

length(selectedEntrezIds)
[1] 3761
length(hgOver.BP at geneIds)
[1] 3122

I guess the hyperGTest has removed these 639 missing genes. But i don't
understand why ?

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Servant