[BioC] Limma time course analysis - defining comparisons

Helen Zhou zhou.helen at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 17:56:28 CEST 2008

Dear Marta,

thank you for your suggestion. I am sorry it has taken
me so long to reply.
I have had a look at the masigpro package, but it
seems to be specificaly for shorter time courses,
whereas my real data set has 6 time points. Am I wrong
about this? The example shown below is just because it
was with public data available in bioconductor.
I have also seen someone mention the package
"timecourse". Does anyone on this list have any
recomendations about that?

Thank you
Helen

--- MARTA AGUDO BARRIUSO <martabar at um.es> wrote:

> you may try masigpro package, it has been designed
> exactly to extract
> those "changing a little bit each time point"-genes
>
> Helen Zhou <zhou.helen at yahoo.com> escribi�
>
> > Dear Jim
> >
> > Thanks you for your answer. As I understand you
> are
> > recommending me to do direct comparisons between
> for
> > example 12-4h and 24-12h. However, could there not
> in
> > theory be a gene that was up a little bit in
> 12vs4h
> > and 24vs12h, so that the difference for neither of
> > these would be large enough to be significant, but
> for
> > 24vs4h the combined change might be significant?
> In
> > that case I guess I would need all 3 comparisons?
> >
> > Thanks you
> > Helen
> >
> > --- "James W. MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Helen,

> >> roughly
> >> am
> points.
> >> pariwise
> done

> points,
> >> what
> listed

c("h12","h12","h12","h24","h24","h24","h4","h4","h4")