[BioC] Problems installing bioconductor

Daniel Silberschmidt dsilberschmidt at oryzon.com
Tue Jun 17 16:18:14 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,
	tried to install bioconductor from three different machines (all 64
bits) and different OS (Linux different kernels, Windows XP)  but always
got a message like this one:

> > source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> > biocLite()
> Running biocinstall version 2.2.9 with R version 2.7.0
> Your version of R requires version 2.2 of BioConductor.
> Will install the following packages:
>  [1] "affy"         "affydata"     "affyPLM"      "annaffy"      "annotate"
>  [6] "Biobase"      "Biostrings"   "DynDoc"       "gcrma"        "genefilter"
> [11] "geneplotter"  "hgu95av2.db"  "limma"        "marray"       "matchprobes"
> [16] "multtest"     "ROC"          "vsn"          "xtable"       "affyQCReport"
> Please wait...
>
> Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies = dependencies,  :
>   argument 'lib' is missing: using '/home/xxxxxxxx'
> Error: subscript out of bounds
> In addition: There were 15 warnings (use warnings() to see them)

	Think that is something related to the  place because at home (linux ubuntu 8.04, 32 bits) I was able to  install it without problem

	Any idea?

Thanks

Daniel Silberschmidt