[BioC] reading subset of celfile and print out histograms

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jun 17 00:04:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM,  <das23 at njit.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to read affy cel files by ReadAffy() function, but instead of all
> the cel files; I want to read only 10-15 cel files out of hundreds at the time
> and creat histogram of 10-15 cel files at the time and print out to the working
> directory as subsets.  I am not sure how can I use loop for this.  Any help?

Hello.  Take a look at the help for the dir() function, which can get
you the list of filenames.  Also, you will want to look at the help
for ReadAffy() which has an argument to specify filenames.  Finally,
you might want to look at the seq() function that will provide a way
to step through the filenames in a loop.

If you need more detail let us know what hangs you up.

Sean