[BioC] Standard error in summarization ExpressionSets

Rodrigo Santamaría Vicente rodri at usal.es
Wed Jun 11 11:34:16 CEST 2008

Hi there!,
After performing normalization-summarization with any of the available
functions (rma, mas5, plier, etc.), I get an ExpressionSet class. It
inherits from eSet class, but it seems to loss the se.exprs() method to
get the standard errors for the summarized expression levels.
My question is: how could I get the standard errors from the
ExpressionSet returned by rma, mas5 or any other method? if these
methods do not return standard errors, why? are them unimportant? is
there any method that computes them?

Thanks in advance!
Rodrigo