[BioC] About ArrayExpress MAGE-TAB tools

audrey audrey at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 11:13:41 CEST 2008

Hi LiGang,

We are currently developing such a package. It is simply named
ArrayExpress and is currently on the Bioconductor svn but not on the
development branch yet. Hopefully it should be moved to the Bioconductor
development branch very soon but I still have some issues to fix before.
The ArrayExpress package takes an ArrayExpress experiment ID as an input
and creates an ExpressionSet, an AffyBatch or a NChannelSet as an output.

Audrey

LiGang wrote:
> Hi, there,
>
> I want explore Microarray databases such as ArrayExpress and GEO using
> Bioconductor functionalities. For GEO there is the GEOquery package. Is
> there something similar for ArrayExpress?
>

> I have noted that in a PPT of "MAGE-TAB - a simple tab delimited format for
> describing microarray and other functional genomics experiments" (
> uhts.lbl.gov/images/4/4a/AlvisBrazma.ppt), the author mentioned that
> "Bioconductor module for reading in MAGE-TAB (beta release available at
> present)". Have this "Bioconductor module" publicly available and where can
> I find it? Thanks!
>

> ---
>
> LiGang
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]