[BioC] GOstats with yeast2

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Wed Jun 4 15:31:37 CEST 2008

Hi Sebastien,
   There is no requirement that I am aware of for ENTREZIDs. All that is
required is that you have some set of indentifiers (in this case yeast
standard names seem most likely) that map to KEGG. And yeast2.db does
seem to satisfy that requirement so I expect it would simply work.
Perhaps you could show what you tried, what happened and your sessionInfo?

   best wishes
    Robert

Sebastien Gerega wrote:
> Hi,
> what is the best way to use GOstats (specifically a hyperG test on KEGG)
> with the yeast2.db annotation? I have looked around the mailing list
> archive and the fact that yeast2.db doesn't have a yeast2ENTREZID
> environment has been mentioned several times. However, I haven't managed
> to find any mention of how to get around this and use the annotation
> with GOstats.
> thanks,
> Sebastien

> Search the archives: