[BioC] exon.pmcdf: not a valid package?

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jun 3 12:16:14 CEST 2008

Hi Essi,

Essi Lahti wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I encountered a problem in using the CDF file for Human Exon 1.0 ST
> microarray. I downloaded exon.pmcdf_1.1.tar.gz from
> http://xmap.picr.man.ac.uk/download/ and managed to install the package in
> R, but when I typed "library(exon.pmcdf)" I got the following error report:
>
> Error in library(exon.pmcdf) :
>   'exon.pmcdf' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?
>
> Does anybody have an idea what might be causing this problem?

Yes. Although you don't give us much information and thus force us to
guess(see the posting guide), this error usually means that:

a.) You are using Windows.
b.) When you say you 'managed to install' the package, what you mean is
that you untarred the package in your library directory, which is not
how you install things.

Please see Windows FAQ 7.3 and/or the R Installation and Administration
manual.

Best,

Jim