[BioC] Howto Get GO/Gene-names of GEO-Soft Probe-names

Cei Abreu-Goodger cei at sanger.ac.uk
Sun Jul 27 13:05:16 CEST 2008

Hi Gundala,

Those probes are from the GNF mouse custom affymetrix array, and are as
such not directly supported in bioconductor. But, you can easily construct
an annotation package for this chip. Check out the vignette for SQLForge
that comes with:
library(AnnotationDbi)

You will need to prepare a text file with 2 columns, in the first the
probe id and in the second a commonly used gene/transcript identifier such
as Entrez, GeneBank, RefSeq... you can get this information directly from
the NCBI or from the GNF website.

Cheers,

Cei