[BioC] error loading the Rgraphviz package

yan zhou yan.zhou at fccc.edu
Thu Jan 31 20:25:59 CET 2008

HI, All,

I'm running R 2.6 on MacOSX, I installed the "Rgraphviz" version
1.16.0 with no trouble at all. But when I tried to load the library I
got error message as below:

 > library(Rgraphviz)
Error in dyn.load(file, ...) :
   unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Versions/2.6/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/ppc/Rgraphviz.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/
library/Rgraphviz/libs/ppc/Rgraphviz.so, 6): Library not loaded: /usr/
local/lib/libgvc.3.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/
Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/ppc/Rgraphviz.so
   Reason: image not found
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rgraphviz'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'

Does anyone have any clue why is it?

thanks a lot.

yan