[BioC] Combining expressionSets from GEO

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 31 00:21:11 CET 2008

Thanks to both for your feedback. I'm not sure whether the current
state represents an over-reaction to an earlier problem, or a more
reasoned position. I'll look through my notes and, if appropriate,
make the change to the way combine works. This will be in the
development version of Biobase, and will not be implemented for a
couple of weeks.

In some ways the current behavior of data.frame (automatically making
factors out of character strings) is the root of the problem, and to
me argues against being too clever in trying to guess the user's
intentions.

Martin

--
Martin Morgan