[BioC] Annotation of hgu133a2 chip from limma

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Jan 25 16:10:27 CET 2008

Hi Pengcheng Lu,

Pengcheng Lu wrote:
> Greetings-
>
> I want to annotate the gene symbols and other gene information for
> affy chip hgu133a2. Tried many times but failed. Can you tell me how
> I can finish it using limma or other packages in R?

limma is a package for doing linear models, not annotating. To annotate
things you can use functions in the annotate package, the hgu133a2.db
annotation package directly, the annaffy package, or the affycoretools
package.

Each of annotate, annaffy, and affycoretools have vignettes that show
how to use the packages, so I would start there.

Best,

Jim