[BioC] RMA median polish to a matrix

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Thu Jan 24 16:23:03 CET 2008

You could use preprocessCore:

library(preprocessCore)
x <- outer(c(seq(-2,2,0.4)),c(8:12),"+") + rnorm(55)
rcModelMedianPolish(x)

with the first A values of the return value item $Estimates giving the
gene expression values

Alternatively, if you want to use medpolish(), take the

"Column Effects" and add the "Overall" to get the gene expression
estimates.

Best,

Ben