[BioC] bioconductor installation problem

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jan 22 16:08:51 CET 2008

jrwang wrote:
> Hi:
>

> I had installed R 2.5.1 and R 2.6.1 on my computer concurrently.  Both of
> them use same local package library.  I use bioconductor package at that
> time without any problem.  Recently I have removed both of them and I also
> delete the local library folder.  Now I reinstalled R 2.6.1 on my computer.
> I can install R package, such as DAGG.  However, I simply can not install
> bioconductor package using biocLite script.  It reads the package index, but
> does nothing (No error message).  It won't even download the package zip
> files from mirror site.  I also try something like biocLite(affy).  It won't
> work.  Can anybody help me?

Certainly biocLite(affy) won't work because biocLite() expects a
character, and you are passing what will be interpreted as a variable name.

Anyway, you have given so little information that nobody but the Amazing
Kreskin will be able to help you. Please see the BioC posting guide, and
supply us with some useful information such as the output of
sessionInfo(), and a cut and paste of your commands and the result.

Best,

Jim