[BioC] OT: Question about affymetrix array analysis and cRNA amount.

Jeanette McClintick jnmcclin at iupui.edu
Mon Jan 14 17:32:53 CET 2008

The scaling factor won't take care of all of the problems (It will actually
cause some problems). We have successfully prepared 200ul hybridization
cocktails using 10ug or less of cRNA. Use 15ul if you have 15ug cRNA, 10 if
you have 10 or less. This helps to compensate. See McClintick, et al. BMC
Genomics 2003 for comparison of arrays using different amounts of cRNA for
hybridization. If you have much less than 10ug, you will probably still have
some problems. I wouldn't go any lower than 7ug. Check the % present and
scaling factor to see if they are within reason. (+/- 2Std. deviations).
Contact me directly if want to discuss this further.

Jeanette McClintick, PhD
Indiana University School of Medicine
Center for Medical Genomics
Indianapolis, IN