[BioC] remove legend and trend lines

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 14:28:19 CET 2008

Quoting Joshua Udall <jaudall at gmail.com>:

> I'm relatively new to bioconductor and learning R.  I've gone through
> the 'swirl' example and it's an excellent example.  When I 'plot
> normdata' the quartz window pops up and the plot has both a legend and
> trend lines.  How do I remove the legend and trend lines from the
> plot?

Hi Joshua,

the beauty of R/BioConductor is that you can see the code behind a
function, and modify it to your needs.
I can't remember what the Swirl example shows, other than it is
regarding the package 'Limma'. If you type the name of the function
that produces the plot, without any arguments (i.e: 'plotMA' rather
than 'plotMA(arguments...)') you will see the code behind it. Then you
can modify it to remove/modify/add anything to adapt it to your needs.

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.