[BioC] Marts downloads

steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Aug 14 19:07:06 CEST 2008

Hi Amanda,

To know if the aceview information is available in Ensembl I would contact
the Ensembl helpdesk at helpdesk at ensembl.org

For a local Ensembl installation and queries with biomaRt:
You can find the tables for a local Mart installation here:

ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_mysql/ensembl_mart_50/

You can create the ensembl_mart_50 tables with the sql script from:

ensembl_mart_50.sql.gz

For the human dataset you'll definitely need the data from the files below
to fill the tables with the same table names (omitting .txt.gz):

hsapiens_gene_ensembl__gene__main.txt.gz
meta_conf__dataset__main.txt.gz
meta_conf__xml__dm.txt.gz

Depending on which queries you want to make, you'll need additional
hsapiens tables.

Cheers,
Steffen