[BioC] ExpressionSet or MAList

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 18:26:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am starting to think about grouping a series of microarray datasets
into bioconductor objects so that I can quickly look to see how a gene
behaves in each dataset.  The two main options seem to be to use
ExpressionSet or Limma's MAList.  Has anyone got an opinion on which
would be best to use or the advantages and disadvantages of both.

To my mind MAList stores the annotation with the dataset which I feel is
an advantage whereas ExpressionSet is the base implementation for many
libraries.

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.
Institute of Cancer Research
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}