[BioC] Screeplot in puma package

Richard Pearson richard.pearson at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 15:37:13 CEST 2008

Hi Paul

You can create one using code as in the following example:

library(pumadata)
data(pumapca_estrogen)
screePlotPoints <- apply(pumapca_estrogen at model@W, 2, function(x) sqrt(sum(x^2)))
plot(screePlotPoints)

In this example you'll see the first two components cover nearly all of the variation (as you would expect when looking at Figure 1 in the vignette).

I'll include a proper screeplot function in a forthcoming release of puma.

Hope that helps!

Richard.