[BioC] Bioconductor and R 2.7

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 14:44:09 CEST 2008

30/04/2008 11:19 Christian Kohler a écrit
> Dear all,
>
> just out of personal interest: is the following error due to the fact
> that Bioconductor 2.2 is not yet officially released?
>
>> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>> biocLite("Biobase")
> Running biocinstall version 2.2.7 with R version 2.7.0
> Your version of R requires version 2.2 of BioConductor.
> Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
> dependencies,  :
>   argument 'lib' is missing: using 'XXX'
> Warning message:
> In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
> dependencies,  :
>   package 'Biobase' is not available
>
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
> i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> locale:
>
> attached base packages:

> [1] tools_2.7.0
>

> Best,
> Christian

Dear Christian,

biocLite has worked well for me for a number of installations of R 2.7
recently, so the problem you report either popped up very, very recently
(and is unintended), or it has to do with your local installation. Can
you try with

  R --vanilla

--
Best wishes