[BioC] rma subscript out of bounds with Rat Exon data

Rob Dunne rob.dunne at csiro.au
Thu Apr 24 09:19:08 CEST 2008

Hello Bioconductor list,

      I get an error when I try to rma normalize a data set of
Rat Exon 1.0 ST cel files i.e.

library(exonmap)
library(ratexonpmcdf) # Rat Exon 1.0ST from
#http://xmap.picr.man.ac.uk/download/

data<-read.exon(path="/home/bioinfo/RatDiet/",compress=TRUE)
data at cdfName
#[1] "RaGene-1_0-st-v1"
data at cdfName <- "ratexonpmcdf"
X<-rma(data)
#Error in .local(object, ...) : subscript out of bounds

length(probeNames(data)) #3999056
length(data)             #59
length(geneNames(data))  #1018777

The problem occurs in the "pm" function where it appears that
an index is generated that is much larger than the matrix of
expression values.

I have no problems with the human array tutorial example provided at
http://bioinformatics.picr.man.ac.uk/

Bye
Rob