[BioC] Reporting results of HyperGTest

Paolo Innocenti paolo.innocenti at ebc.uu.se
Wed Apr 9 17:43:08 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I performed two separate HyperGTest (pkg:GOstats) on different list of
DE genes (trt1 vs control and trt2 vs control). The results are good and
in the direction I was expecting: I can see from "htmlReport" that the
GOterms overrepresented in each list support my hypothesis.

My problem now is to "quantify" and to "show" what I can see: I am
looking for a nice way to format my results. I have around 50 GO nodes
in each list, too many to list them all in two colums. Is there a
graphical way (or a compressed table) to show differences in "which
branches of the GO" are overrepresented, and possible overlaps?

I am basically looking for something in between htmlReport, a DAG graph
and the function ontoCompare in goTools.

I appreciate any comments on this issue. I have no experience with DAG
graph, so if you suggests that it is the way to go, I'd like to be
pointed to some documentation (I found GOvis.pdf too confusing as a
beginner)

Many thanks,
Paolo

--