[BioC] Webbioc error exprSet vs expressionSet

Balasubramanian Ganesan balag at cc.usu.edu
Thu Apr 3 21:24:19 CEST 2008

Dear all
I am  attaching the CGI scripts that we typically use for webbioc on
a shared computer.
I finally had the guts to upgrade R in our machine after running 2.1
for a really long time, as it still was facilitating analysis for
naive users.
I finished completely building R from source and installing all
required packages to run on our machine successfully.
However we still are a little stuck.
The preprocessing by the aff.cgi script works fine, and I can get
normalized data out of it.
But when I try to run multtest using multtest.cgi, it brings up an
error on the web page called "Invalid object class".
After fishing around for a while, I figured that it is because in
earlier versions the normalized data were stored in a session as an
"exprSet" object, but now it is stored as an "ExpressionSet" object,
and hence does not get recognized.
How to resolve this issue?
Any suggestions on what should be tweaked and how are welcome.

Balasubramanian Ganesan
Research Assistant Professor
Center for Integrated BioSystems
Utah State University