[BioC] ReadAffy fails 64bit linux Error in .nextMethod(e1, e2) :

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 1 15:11:50 CEST 2008

Thanks for following through, Bill.

The 'release' version of BioConductor packages have an even digit as the
second part (the 'y' in x.y.z) of their version number, so if you're
using a current R you probably meant 1.6.1.

For what it's worth, this is one reason why sessionInfo() can be so
useful -- does the version of the package match the version of R and
BioConductor? Assuming you're using the current released version of R,
an easy way to check for yourself is to compare package versions
reported by sessionInfo() with the version numbers on the pages linked
from the 'Packages' link of http://bioconductor.org. And then to update
packages, if necessary, using instructions on
http://bioconductor.org/download.

Thanks again,

Martin