[BioC] ReadAffy widget fails for Annotated DataFrame

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 20 17:54:40 CEST 2007

Hi Kevin --

I guess the short answer is that, as the error message says, tkWidget
support for AnnotatedDateFrame is not available!  You'll have to
revise your class notes to provide the required arguments to ReadAffy
in a non-graphical way.

Martin

"Kevin R. Coombes" <krc at mdacc.tmc.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Why does ReadAffy fail for the AnnotatedDateFrame part of an AffyBatch
> object?  The session snapshot included below shows an error in using
> tkWidgets for AnnotatedDataFrames.
>
> I just upgraded to R 2.5.1 (so I would have the same version as the
> students in the microarray class I'm teaching), and code that worked in
> 2.4 fails to work in 2.5.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> 	Kevin
>

>  > ReadAffy(widget=TRUE)
> Error in read.AnnotatedDataFrame(sampleNames = sampleNames, widget =
> TRUE) :
>          sorry, tkWidgets support not available for read.AnnotatedDataFrame
>  > sessionInfo()
> R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)
> i386-pc-mingw32
>
> locale:
> LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
> States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
> States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] "tcltk"     "tools"     "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
> [7] "datasets"  "methods"   "base"
>
> other attached packages:
>    tkWidgets      DynDoc widgetTools        affy      affyio     Biobase
>     "1.14.0"    "1.14.0"    "1.12.0"    "1.14.2"     "1.4.1"    "1.14.1"
>  >

Martin Morgan
Bioconductor / Computational Biology
http://bioconductor.org