[BioC] creating a copy number array data object in DNA copy

jhs1jjm at leeds.ac.uk jhs1jjm at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 20:44:21 CEST 2007

Hi, I'm using R 2.5.0 on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64. I'm using some agilent CGH data
and thought the DNA copy package could be of some use. I'm trying to create the
copy number array object using the CNA function.

Usage:

  CNA(genomdat, chrom, maploc, data.type=c("logratio","binary"),
                 sampleid=NULL)

I've currently got the normalized data, xls file written using write.marray from
the marray package. I've saved this as a csv file in the working directory and
read it ito R using read.csv. This seems to have worked.

data <- read.csv("maLoessNormResults.csv")

Not to sure where to go from here as i'm unsure about the genomdat argument.
Will the read.csv function create a data frame? I was under the impression by
typing data$ProbeName would bring me up all the values from the ProbeName
header in the csv file but R returns NULL. Sorry if this is somewhat basic but
any help/point in the right direction is much appreciated.

Regards

John