[BioC] Problematic circular design

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Sun Sep 9 03:11:58 CEST 2007

The simplest way to handle this in limma is to use a single channel
analysis, using block=array.  The method is described clearly in the
vignette.  MAANOVA will also handle this, although it might be a bit
harder to set up.

There are several papers showing that in theory this is the most
efficient design for 3 conditions with 2 channel arrays.  There are
also several papers that confirm this experimentally.  The design is
called a loop design.  For 3 conditions, the loop design is a
balanced incomplete block design.

--Naomi