[BioC] a modified cdf environment

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:48:33 CET 2007

Hi Donna,

Donna Toleno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few general questions about custom CDFs. I believe that I
> have created a custom cdf environment by removing specific probes from
> the current environment.
>
> I did so using a previous post
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/4258/match=
>

> I can see that an affybatch object reflects
> the modification of the cdf. My problem is that I don't understand how
> to save this environment for future use. In fact I do not have a cdf
> file for the cdf that I have created.

Not sure what you mean by a cdf file. The environment you have created
is sitting in your .GlobalEnv, which is really just your R workspace. If
you quit R and save the workspace, then the environment will be there
when you restart R in that directory (or restart R elsewhere, and then
load() that workspace). This is the easiest way to save things.

You could also make a package containing the environment, but that will
take more work. If you really want to do this, take a look at the
make.cdf.package() function in makecdfenv. You won't be able to use this
function directly -- instead you will have to run the relevant portions
(probably from 'symbols' on down, although I would have to try myself to
know for sure).

Best,

Jim