[BioC] Query about the conditional hypergeometric test in GOstats package

Chanchal Kumar chanchal at biochem.mpg.de
Mon Nov 26 14:12:20 CET 2007

Dear Bioconductor developers and users,

   I am using the "GOstats" package to find over/under enriched GO terms
in my dataset. And there is an option to calculate the "conditional
hypergeometric test". I am not sure what this would imply, I am aware of
the conventional hypergeometric test but this is a bit unfamiliar
concept. Therefore it will be very helpful if someone could explain the
concept and point me to relevant references.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Chanchal Kumar, Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Proteomics and Signal Transduction
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry
Am Klopferspitz 18
82152 D-Martinsried (near Munich)
e-mail: chanchal at biochem.mpg.de