[BioC] Query about the conditional hypergeometric test in GOstats package

Chanchal Kumar chanchal at biochem.mpg.de
Mon Nov 26 14:12:20 CET 2007

Dear Bioconductor developers and users,

   I am using the "GOstats" package to find over/under enriched GO terms
in my dataset. And there is an option to calculate the "conditional
hypergeometric test". I am not sure what this would imply, I am aware of
the conventional hypergeometric test but this is a bit unfamiliar
concept. Therefore it will be very helpful if someone could explain the
concept and point me to relevant references.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Chanchal
===============================
Chanchal Kumar, Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Proteomics and Signal Transduction
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry
Am Klopferspitz 18
82152 D-Martinsried (near Munich)
Germany