[BioC] GOTERM

Mete Civelek mete at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 8 03:25:12 CET 2007

Hi All,

I have a simple problem that I can't seem to solve. I am using R 2.4.0 on
windows. I am trying to get the GO Terms of a list of GO IDs using the
following code. The list of GOIDs is in a file labelled SDGO.txt, which is
a single column text file with no header.

 >library(GO)

 >SDGO<-read.table("SDGO.txt", header=F)

 >summary(SDGO)
           V1
  GO:0000075:  1
  GO:0000375:  1
  GO:0000377:  1
  GO:0000398:  1
  GO:0001503:  1
  GO:0001505:  1
  (Other)   :134

 >apply(SDGO, 1, GOTERM)
Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable "GOTERM" of mode
"function" was not found

I am sure I am way off in this code since I am a beginner of R and
Bioconductor but I will appreciate any help?

Best,

Mete