[BioC] Affymetrix reannotation

Samuel Wuest swuest at botinst.uzh.ch
Tue Nov 6 19:03:15 CET 2007

Hi,

I trying to assess a modified version of the Affymetrix present/absent call
algorithm on my data, which have been generated from two-round amplified RNA
hybridized to the Arabidopsis ATH1 GeneChip.

I would need some negative control probesets, and thought of probesets that
were designed based on wrong gene annotations (similar to what was used in
the PANP method from Peter Warren et al.).
Therefore, I wondered whether someone does a reannotation of Affy probesets
on a regular base? (for example, the version 7 of the Arabidopsis Genome
Annotation has been released recently, and some probesets on the AffyChip
are most probably not matching any gene model anymore).

If yes, where could I find the updated datafiles? Is there anything in the
BioC annotation package for the ATH1Chip?

Thanks for any help.
Best, Sam

Dipl. Bot. Samuel Wust
Dep. of Developmental Genetics