[BioC] Job opening at Merck, NJ

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Sat Nov 3 15:21:07 CET 2007

Apologies for the cross-posting...

Computational statisticians

The Biometrics Research Department at Merck Research Laboratories, Merck
& Co., Inc. in Rahway, NJ is seeking highly motivated statisticians/data
analysts (2 positions) to work in its basic research and drug discovery
area.  The applicant should have broad expertise in statistics and
computer science, with substantial experience in either medical imaging
analysis (1 position) or bio-signal analysis (1 position). For the
position in imaging analysis this includes image registration and
segmentation, fMRI, and advanced pattern recognition.  For the position
in bio-signal analysis this includes signal processing, time-series
analysis, and advanced pattern recognition. These positions will provide
statistical, mathematical, and software development support to Merck
scientists. Merck has its own facilities for CT, PET, MRI, and
ultrasound imaging as well EEG labs and numerous telemetry modalities.
We are looking for a Ph.D. in Statistics, Electrical/Computer or
Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or
Physics.  Advanced computer programming skills (including, but not
limited to Matlab, C/C++, Visual Basic),  and good communication skills
are essential, as is familiarity with statistical software like R.
These positions may also involve general statistical consulting and
training.  An ability to lead statistical analysis efforts within a
multidisciplinary team is required.

Our dedication to delivering quality medicines in innovative ways and
our commitment to bringing out the best in our people are just some of
the reasons why we're ranked among Fortune magazine's "100 Best
Companies to Work for in America."  We offer a competitive salary, an
oustanding benefits package, and a professional work environment with a
company known for scientific excellence.  To apply, please forward your
CV or resume and cover letter to

ATTENTION: Open Positions
Vladimir Svetnik, Ph.D.
Biometrics Research Dept.