[BioC] siggenes 1.10 na.handling

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed May 23 21:13:16 CEST 2007

Hi Yiwen,

He, Yiwen (NIH/CIT) [C] wrote:
> Hi Mr. Schwender and others,
>

> I've been using the na.handling function in siggenes, which becomes an
> internal function in the latest version siggenes 1.10 (BioC 2.0). Can
> anyone tell me how I can still make use of this internal function in the
> new version?

This all depends on how you plan to make use of the function. If you are
using it in a package that has a NAMESPACE, you can just add siggenes to
your imports list, or just import that function using the importFrom
directive. See 'Writing R Extensions', in particular the section
'Package Name Spaces'.

If you are using the function interactively, then you can use the triple
colon operator ':::' (e.g., siggenes:::na.handler(args)).

Best,

Jim

> Thanks a lot,
>

> Yiwen He