[BioC] R memory overflow in my server

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri May 18 16:17:12 CEST 2007

"D.Enrique ESCOBAR ESPINOZA" <escobarebio at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I was doing QC of ~200 hgu-133a chip,
> but it runs out of memory,
>
> I used the lowest priority with nice, is there another trick to use
> in linux (excluding ulimit that kill process)?

Yes, you can use a web browser to find a website to order more RAM ;-)

nice has to do with scheduling priority on the CPU, not with memory
use.  You've given us details on your CPU, but I think the output of
free will tell you how much RAM is installed on the system and that is
the critical issue here.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org