[BioC] Average over probes that share the same clone ID in an expression matrix

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Mar 30 12:51:43 CEST 2007

I have a matrix of expression values with the rows as probeIDs and the
columns as sample names.  I have an associated annotation file with each
row corresponding to the row in the expression matrix.  Some of the
probe IDs share clone IDs.  What I would like to do is for the probes
that share the same clone IDs I would like to find the median and
replace the values in the matrix with the result.

Does anyone know the most efficient way of doing this?

Many thanks
Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.
Institute of Cancer Research
United Kingdom
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addre...{{dropped}}