[BioC] HyperGTest error question

Vivek Kaimal Vivek.Kaimal at cchmc.org
Mon Mar 26 21:36:37 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I'm trying to use the hyperGTest function. What I tried  is as
follows:

> params <- new("GOHyperGParams", geneIds = GList, universeGeneIds =
geneUniverse, annotation = "hgu133plus2", ontology = "BP", pvalueCutoff
= hgCutoff, conditional = FALSE,testDirection = "over")

Both GList & geneUniverse contain genes in HUGO format (symbols). This
part seems to compute fine. But when I try the next part, it gives me an
error:

> hgOver <- hyperGTest(params)

Error in getUniverseHelper(probes, lib, entrezIds) :
        No Entrez Gene ids left in universe

Is this because I used HUGO symbols & not EntrezIDs? I couldnt
understand what exactly the error means.

Any information about this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vivek Kaimal