[BioC] Affymetrics porcine arrays

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Mar 19 15:17:42 CET 2007

Hi Ingrid,

Ingrid H. G. Østensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am going to analyze data from an experiment that have used
> Affymetrix Porcine Genome Array. I have found two packages called
> porcinecdf  and porcineprobe, are these packages the ones that are
> the correct ones to use with my arrays, and when was they updated.

Yes, these are the correct packages, and you can see when they were
updated by:

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite(c("porcinecdf","porcineprobe"))
packageDescription("porcinecdf")
packageDescription("porcineprobe")

> In my script I have included annotation of the final results using
> for example hgu133plus2 - Affymetrix Human Genome U133 Plus 2.0 Array
> Annotation Data (hgu133plus2) for Human 133 plus 2 arrays from
> Affymetrix. I cannot find any files like this for the porcine arrays,
> have they not been made? Does anyone have them or any tips on how to
> make them? And if I have to make them is that a lot of work?

No, the porcine package has not been made. You will need to use the
AnnBuilder package to build your own.

For tips, I would search the list archives. This is one of the most
common questions, so a search with reasonable terms should turn up lots
of good information.

Best,

Jim

> Regards, Ingrid