[BioC] "scale to fit" plot for A4 pdf

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Mar 15 16:04:44 CET 2007

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Brewer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am outputting various plots to pdfs, including heatmaps and the like.
>  What I would like is for the plot to fill the whole of the A4 sheet of
> paper rather than just a square in the centre.  This would increase the
> readability of a large heatmap no end.  Has anyone got any ideas how to
> achieve this?
>
> I am currently using pdf("filename", paper="A4").

 From the man page for pdf:

Arguments:

     file: a character string giving the name of the file. For use with
           'onefile=FALSE' give a C integer format such as
           '"Rplot%03d.pdf"' (the default in that case). (See
           'postscript' for further details.)

    width, height: the width and height of the graphics region in inches.

The default for width and height is 6, so you will need to increase
those values to something sensible for A4 paper.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.