[BioC] expression sets with probe names

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 18:47:48 CET 2007

Dear Karin,

you can access the expression data in an exprSet with the "exprs"
function, and if the data matrix that went into vsn had row names, the
resulting matrix exprs(vsnres) should have rownames, too. Please let me
know if this is not the case.

Also the dimensions of that output matrix are the same as that of the
input matrix and rows and columns remain aligned.

On the long run, consider using "vsn2" or "vsnMatrix" from the
development branch / release 2.0. The internal algorithm is the same,
but the user interface is cleaner, and in addition you now have the
possibility to normalize "against" an existing reference fit.

Does this help?

  Best wishes
   Wolfgang