[BioC] in case you have a visualization paper to submit

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 9 03:38:11 CET 2007

> SYMPOSIUM ON INFORMATION VISUALIZATION IN BIOMEDICAL INFORMATICS
> http://www.graphicslink.co.uk/IV07/IVbm.htm
> ETH, Zurich, Switzerland
> July 4, 2007
>

> *** Extended Paper deadline: 15 March, 2007 ***
>
> Associated and co-located with the 11th International Conference on Infor=
mation Visualization 2007 (IV07)
> http://www.graphicslink.co.uk/IV07/
> ETH, Zurich, Switzerland
> July 4 - 6, 2007
>
> CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
>
> We are soliciting original papers in the area of information visualizatio=
n applied to biomedical and biomolecular data, including genomic and proteo=
mic data. One of the great challenges is the presentation of and interactio=
n with large and complex data sets. The need for integrated methods and cre=
ative strategies has provided an opportunity for novel solutions. We encour=
age the submission of new techniques, old techniques applied in novel ways,=
 new methods, interesting applications and in-depth surveys.

> Examples of application topics include, but are not limited to:
>     - Microarray data, design and analysis
>     - Nucleotide and protein sequence alignment
>     - Sequence analysis, comparison and alignment networks
>     - Evolutionary phylogenetic trees
>     - Gene expression and gene discovery
>     - Signaling pathways, biochemical networks
>     - Biochemical and cellular simulations and models
>     - Mass spectrometry data analysis
>
> Examples of visualization topics include:
>     - Interactions with large data sets
>     - Handling labels in high-dimensional visualizations
>     - Linking literature and semantics in pathway visualizations
>     - Systems-level analysis of experimental data
>     - Overview and detail presentation of predictive or uncertain data
>     - Identification of correlated and anomalous relationships in dispara=
te data sets

> SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
>
> Please, prepare a PDF version of your full paper for electronic submissio=
n (6 pages, but no more than 12 pages) according to the conference guidelin=
es found at: http://www.graphicslink.co.uk/IV07/INSTRUCTION.htm.

> Potential authors are invited to submit a PDF of their submission through=
 an online submission system. Accepted papers will appear in the proceeding=
s, which will be published by the IEEE Computer Society.

> For more information, please check our web site http://www.graphicslink.c=
o.uk/IV07/IVbm.htm.

> IMPORTANT DATES
>
> 15 March, 2007    Extended Submissions deadline
> 20 April, 2007    Camera-ready papers
> 25 April, 2007    Early registration closes

---
Vince Carey, PhD
Assoc. Prof Med (Biostatistics)
Harvard Medical School
Channing Laboratory - ph 6175252265 fa 6177311541
181 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115 USA
stvjc at channing.harvard.edu