[BioC] OSX location of bioconductor functions

Bobby Prill rprill at jhu.edu
Fri Mar 9 00:24:06 CET 2007

Can someone tell me where toptable() code resides on an OSX
installation?

I just upgraded my R and Bioconductor.  Apparently, some rows were
renamed in toptable().  I would like to change the row called "logFC"
back to "M".

I searched my system and can not find where any of the limma
functions are defined.  Limma seems to be installed in:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/library/limma/

However I do not see any actual functions defined there.

I installed using the command:  getBioC().  Perhaps that installed
"binary" rather than "source" version of limma?

I don't want to create a new function called my.toptable().  I just
want all of my scripts to simply work again with a single edit of the
true toptable().

As an aside, I can't imagine why the column names in ANY function
would be changed.  These column names are essentially the external
interface to the function.  It seems like a very bad design decision
to just one day change "M" to "logFC."

I appreciate the help.  This is a great user community.

- Bobby